Monday, April 2, 2007

#1


I choose a picture from Brazil photographer named Alexandre Orion. I like his style of the picture. This one is my most recommendation. It is like a old black and white photo. Most of his works is this kind of style.

The photo seems like a ghost is chasing this littler boy. He is trying to run away, finally, he loss and caught by the devil. It seems like the devil is forcing this boy taken some kind of poison so that he can control his soul let him work for him. It strikes me because his perspective of taking this picture. From his work, we almost see a realistic devil in front of us.

This key of the picture is that the devil is not real just a raw wall painting. In addition, the kid run pass it, exactly as if the devil is chasing him. At that time, the photographer caught that moment. The perfect combination of the new style of photography makes picture much more vividly and attractive.

4 comments:

nancybui said...

This picture is really interesting. I liked how you said there’s a ghost chasing a little boy. When I first saw it I thought that the person was a little girl. Looking closely I guess it can be either one because it is a little blurred. I thought that the ghost represented a devil too. The devil’s shadow also looks like the devil is offering the child a cigarette or something. I really liked how you reflected on this photo.

Fu said...

I chose a picture by Alexandre Orion too. I think a lot of the students choose a picture from his gallery in both of the classes. At first I thought that the shadow of a ghost is the shadow of the boy. But this picture looks weird to me and I wasn't able to make a connection with it. I like how you are able to analysis this picture. I didn't realize the shadow was holding something in its hand. I thought it was a difficult picture to do an observational essay on, but you did a good job.

Korin said...

Your description is good, because I didn’t know what to think of this at first like Nancy said. Although I think that this can be taken in more ways than one, because maybe the demon is inside the little boy or something weird like that. I don’t know for sure, because I didn’t make it, or analyze it like you did. No matter what it really is, the little boy is running away from something or another.

Issah Mohammed said...

I think this is a great image that has real significance in our lives as people.

In every aspect of our lives and on a daily basis we are faced with the decisions of good and evil to choose from. Usually for every good thing you do there is a bad alternative you could have take and vice versa.

If you smile at someone the gift the other person receives is more valuable that anything physical but the other side of it is that you could have frowned.

The inocence of a little boy against the evil of the image hovering over him is so sharp.Guarding our innocence like the little boy is an everyday must for us to keep straight.

Nice image.